We are now taking applications for activities taking place between July 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021.
We invite you to submit an application for reimbursement for up to $1,000. We have been very pleased to have demonstrated such success of this program in the recent past, however, to remain in compliance with campus policy, we are obligated to make adjustments to the program as outlined by the Business Office.
Applications will no longer be accepted in the category of ‘personal enrichment’. Applications for tuition must be directly related to the field of employment of the applicant. Applications for reimbursement in regard to ‘professional development’, such as conferences, symposiums and training outside of accredited courses, must also be in relation to the field of employment of the applicant.
We have endeavored to make our application process as simplified and accessible as possible, while still gathering the necessary details in order to expedite approval. You do not need the sign off or approval of any supervisor prior to submitting an application.
All members of University Staff (who have completed final probation) are eligible to apply for a grant of up to $1,000 per fiscal year in reimbursement funds.
- These are REIMBURSEMENT monies, meaning that they are awarded AFTER you’ve paid for your class, conference, or activity.
- You MUST apply for the reimbursement prior to the conclusion of the event, class, conference or activity. You cannot apply once it has been completed.
- You can make one application for $1,000 or several applications that total $1,000. If the cost of the event, class or activity exceeds $1,000 you can still apply to receive $1,000 towards of the cost.
- You DO NOT need the approval of a supervisor to apply for funds, although we encourage you to investigate if there are any reimbursement opportunities within your own Division or Department
- Funding for reimbursement is split into two 6 month periods: July – December and January – June. This allows an equitable opportunity for those, attending classes and events at different times of the year to apply for reimbursement.
- Proof of payment will be required in order to be reimbursed. You DO NOT need to wait until your activity is completed to submit Expense Reimbursement.
Applications will be accepted while funds allocated for the fiscal year remain available.