Tuition reimbursement funds have now been exhausted. Application process for activities that will take place July 1 through December 31, 2020 will open in July 2020.
All members of University Staff (who have completed final probation) are eligible to apply for a grant of up to $1,000 in reimbursement funds.
These are REIMBURSEMENT monies, meaning that they are awarded AFTER you provide proof of payment for the class, conference, or activity.
- You MUST apply for the reimbursement prior to the conclusion of the event, class, conference or activity. You cannot apply once it has been completed.
- You can make one application for $1,000 or several applications that total $1,000, in ONE FISCAL YEAR. If the cost of the event, class or activity exceeds $1,000 you can still apply to receive $1,000 towards of the cost.
- Funding for reimbursement is split into two 6 month periods: July – December and January – June. This allows an equitable opportunity for those, attending classes and events at different times of the year to apply for reimbursement. If your activity takes place between July and December, you should apply in that period; if it takes place between January and June, please apply once that period has begun.
- The event, class or activity DOES NOT have to be directly related to your job duties on campus.
- You DO NOT need the approval of a supervisor to apply for funds, although we encourage you to investigate if there are any reimbursement opportunities within your own Division or Department.
- Applications are subject to a majority vote approval by the Professional Development and Tuition Committee of University Staff Shared Governance.
There are three types of applications:
Tuition. This is for classes for credit and not limited to the UW. This could be MATC, an online University course, or any other institution of higher education.
Professional Development. This normally manifests itself in the form of a training course or a professional conference.
Personal Enrichment. These are usually non-credit courses or classes related to enhancing or learning skills related to hobbies or other interests. This includes such things as yoga, cooking, photography, etc.
~ $252.00 has been awarded for Handbuilding Class
~ $1,000 has been awarded for attending American Association of Laboratory Animal Science National Meeting
~ $613.68 has been approved to take a Drawing class
~ $591.30 for Accounting 1 Principles
“Thank you so much for the PDTC grant. I am very grateful for the $675 to offset the cost of registration at the Society of Forensic Toxicologists Annual Meeting. This meeting is a wonderful way for me to network and gain valuable feedback and new ideas on how to improve our lab.” ~ Advanced Chemist
“Thank you very much !!!” ~ Financial Specialist Senior
“Thank you so much! I am greatly appreciative of this opportunity!” ~University Services Program Associate
“Thank you so much! This just made my month.” ~ HR Assistant
“My thanks to you and the committee for this award and the continued support of my professional development!” ~ Chemist
“Thanks to all of you for your support of University staff professional development!” ~ ENVIRON TXL ADV